Discover some of the 100 miles of way-marked cycle tracks across the New Forest and also learn the New Forest Cycle Code!
Download the New Forest Cycle Code & Map in .pdf format. An excellent free guide to cycling in the New Forest and with a very useful map with places of interest, and the all important pubs!
New Forest Cycle Code
Here are the 8 points of the Forestry Commission’s New Forest Cycle Code:
- Keep to the way marked gravel tracks when cycling in the forest
- Slow down and call out a warning when approaching other forest users. Be courteous and friendly
- Take extra care when approaching horse riders. When in a group, all cyclists should pass the horse on the same side
- Do not startle ponies, cattle and wildlife. Go slowly, and give them space
- Avoid causing obstructions – do not ride more than two abreast. Always ride in single file on narrow roads
- Keep well away from any work going on in the forest
- Do not pass any vehicle loading timber unless told to do so
- Use the map, and plan to be out of the forest by dusk