The 2008 Burley Village Show
Held at Manor Park in Burley the event brought together villagers, tourists and plenty of pets, ponies, reptiles and even birds of prey. There was also a nice display of vintage vehicles, including motorcycles and a wonderful Ferguson Tractor.
One of the highlights of the show, for me was a display of old photographs from Burley, celebrating 100 years of the Burley Village Show. The first show was held in 1908, and long may it continue.
Selected Burley Village Show Highlights
- 100 years of the Burley Village Show
- Stepping back through a hundred years of the Burley Village show. An exhibit of photographs, from a hundred years ago till the present of Burley and Burley Street.
- Fun for all animals
- Much to see and do for all the dogs, ponies, reptiles and birds of prey at the show, oh, and not forgetting the humans too.
- New Forest Association Stand
- The New Forest Association was founded in 1867 and is one of the oldest conservation organisations in the world.