The New Forest Centre is the official New Forest Museum and Exhibition Gallery. Located in the main car park behind High Street in Lyndhurst, The capital of the New Forest. The New Forest Centre is run by the New Forest Ninth Centenary Trust, registered charity 279373, and comprises:
- New Forest Museum – The museum is packed full of displays and activities about the New Forest, including a Family Fun Tree interactive exhibit.
- The New Forest Gallery – With an exciting programme of changing exhibitions and displays throughout the year.
- Gift Shop
- The Christopher Tower Reference Library – Where you can discover more about the New Forest and get help and advice from knowledgeable Librarians.
- Visitor Information Centre – Run by the New Forest District Council.
This book is dedicated to the New Forest Museum.
An inspiration and a joy.
~ Edward Rutherford author of ‘The Forest’.
New Forest Centre Opening Times
The New Forest Centre is open 7 days a week from 10.00am – 5.00pm. Last entry to the New Forest Museum is 4.00pm daily.
Admission Prices to New Forest Museum Complex
- Standard Ticket £4.00
- Concessions Ticket £3.00 (seniors, students etc.)
- Accompanied under 16s FREE
- Friends Membership £12 (£10 by Standing Order) allows 12 months unlimited admission to the Museum Complex
- The Museum Complex consists of: The New Forest Museum and The Christopher Tower New Forest Reference Library which is open Wednesday to Saturday from 10.00am until 4.00pm.
Visit the official New Forest Centre website.